all of it has just been preparation for this. I am immune to stress because I have you
missnumbat asked: What are your top UCB moments?
1. ASSSSCAT at the Del Close Marathon, sitting in a room with so many heroes and especially the end when they played a clip of Del Close talking and the whole theater sat quietly and attentive and took it all in. That show convinced me to sign up for improv classes.
2. Being teased and singled out by Ian Roberts and Chris Gethard (and defended by Shannon O’Neill) at the Christmas ASSSSCAT this year. I was a embarrassed and bright red in the face but it’s awesome that I’ve had a back and forth conversation with a founder.
3. Meeting all sorts of new friends who have enriched my life blah blah sentimental~
4. Sitting in line last summer on a hot day and getting free Popsicles from Gethard, who told us “these are from Chris Gethard, NOT ZACH WOODS.”
5. Doing a Lady Jam set with Grandma’s Ashes when I was very unpracticed, unskilled, and underprepared, being scared stiff, and having my 101 teacher (who is on the team and could see I was terrified) quietly tell me “it’s okay. you’re doing fine.”
Anonymous asked: favorite fanfics of all time ? Twlight edition ? P.S. you know me but I'm on anon cuz I gotta stay cool
oh wow, a trip through time
the first one I remember really, really getting into as a WIP was the teenage angst brigade by jandco, so I might have to go with that. I also loved only human.
I will say that the crack fic I wrote under a sock account where mike was a vampire whose power was the ability for mpreg is one of the great works of american or global fiction
courtknees asked: Do you miss Lille at all? Do you have any exciting plans for over summer (in NY or otherwise)? Where would be your dream travel destination?
I miss it in pieces. The food. My coworkers. The size of my apartment. Biking to Belgium. The whole doesn’t really tempt me but I think I actually miss what I thought it would be before I actually went more. I’m much happier now.
This summer I’m going to Governor’s Ball, the Del Close Marathon, a few concerts (including outdoor Neutral Milk Hotel hooray). Should be fun.
The last one is hard because I truly hate flying so a lot of the places I haven’t been are very long flights away. I think I’d like to see Asia. Maybe visit Hong Kong. And def Australia because I’ve known “Waltzing Matilda” for 18 years and I’d like to use it haha.
flushwithcash asked: You are head writer and creator of a tv show. It's your baby and you have a very specific vision of how you want it. So would you rather have complete control over who is cast but have to constantly deal with outsiders what you can and can't do story wise. Or have NO say in who is cast but be given complete creative control?
Oooh this is tough. Complete creative control would be amazing, but I think honestly casting is more important. I can design a show to be as close to my vision as possible, but if the actors are miscast or terrible, then the whole show falls apart. A fantastic cast with interference from the network could hopefully still produce something great at least for a little while because the chemistry would be there.
this-too-too-sullied-flesh asked: besides me, what was the best thing about california
Mentally, I needed a break from work and dumb daily stresses, and the weather was fantastic the whole time I was out there and my hotel was gorgeous so it was an all around mental win.
Otherwise, watching a good episode of Parks and Rec with a theater full of fans and then seeing the cast. I’m excluding the Q&A because Q&As are uniformly terrible.